190μm FullMelt Filtration Bubble Hash Bag
The 190 Micron FullMelt FIltration Bubble Hash bag is used primarily as a Bulk Separation bag. The 190 Micron bag is often used in place of a 250 Micron bag if the Hash maker is looking for a high quality collection in their 160 Micron bag. The 190 Micron size is large enough to allow the majority of trichomes through the mesh while holding back much more contaminants than would be held back by the 250 Micron bag. The 190 Micron bag is a positive addition to anyone Hash makers tool kit that are looking for a means of cleaning up their 160 Micron collections.
Where does the 190 Micron fit into my set?
Bulk Separation Bags (250 Micron & 190 Micron)
First a bulk separation bag is used to remove the bulk of the plant material from the crude water+Hash separation. Our recommended Bulk separation bags are either a 250 Micron bag or a 190 Micron bag as they are the most porosore of the bags we offer and will allow easy passage of Trichome heads through these bags and into your bags lower down.
The bulk separation bags are then followed by the refinement bags of your cascade. Used to remove any smaller pieces of contaminate that may have passed through your bulk separation bag(s).
Refinement Bags (160 Micron & 120 Micron)
The 160u bag Is a common refinement bag as its Micron size is wide enough to let the majority of Resin filled trichomes through while holding back over ripe heads and potential contaminants that may lower the quality of the final return.
NB! The 160u bag can often yield incredible Hash when care has been taken in cultivation and attention to detail in the washing process.
Often a 120u bag is used as a second refinement bag below the 160 Micron bag. With the intention being to further refine the collections made lower down. Making sure that the trichome heads collected in the collection bags below are of the highest quality possible and void of a large amount of potential contaminants that may have passed through the 160 Micron bag.
Collection bags (90 Micron/ 70 Micron/ 38 Micron)
The Hash collected below the 120 and 160 Micron bags tend to have the highest concentration of desired compounds like cannabinoids and terpenes. Making the 90 Micron and 70 Micron bags the most reliable bags to collect Full Melt Bubble Hash.
Some Hash makers will take the “Butter Bags” - (90 Micron and 70 Micron) out of their cascade and only include a 38 Micron below their 160 Micron or 120 Micron as a means of sifting for a wider spectrum of Cannabinoids and terpenes that may not be THC or CBD but that contribute to a more rounded experience with the final product
Second Collection bag - 25 Micron
The 25u bag is sometimes included in washes when the Hash maker is after everything possible and is not as considered with quality as they are with yield. The resin collected in the 25 Micron bag tends to be of a lower quality than the first collection bags and is often not worth the effort of sifting. Then again, if the intention is to sift for noval cannabinoids like CBGA or CBC or even Olivetol and others - a 25 Micron bag is essential as these compounds are only expressed in early trichome formation when the heads themselves are still small and underdeveloped.
The Micron bags are used as follows.
250u – Used as a bulk separation bag to separate the bulk of the plant material from the sifted ice water and resin solution.
190u - Used as an initial refinement bag to collect potential contaminants that have passed through the 250u bag.
160u – 1st refinement bag: Used to refine the collection below by collecting finer impurities that were not collected in the 250u bag.
120u – 2nd refinement bag: Used to refine the final collection by collecting even finer impurities that were not collected in the 160u bag.
90u - 1st collection bag – The Butter Bag #1. Is used to collect the Highest quality resin possible as known as Full Melt Hash
70u – 2nd collection bag – The Butter Bag #2. Used to collect the Highest quality resin possible also known as Full Melt Hash.
38u – 3rd collection bag used to collect less developed trichome heads and potential contaminants from the sifted resin.
25u – 4th collection bag used to collect the least developed trichome heads and potential contaminants from the sifted resin.
Check out our Bag break down page for more details on these types of bags and why it is often the go to set for many Hash makers that are looking to pull a finer quality material from their sift.
Disclaimer - The following breakdown is a brief interpretation of each bag and where they fit into your filtration cascade. The join for a lot of Hash makers is finding their own rhythm with the products and sets based on the cultivars processed or on the desired result expected. This is in no way fact - only a personal interpretation for what these bags mean for use and our extraction procedures.
Check out our blog page for more information on trichome glands, quality resin and how to define them as well as our tutorials for more information on how to use our products.
Visit our gallery as well for more images of our products.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
To download the specification for the Fullmelt Filtration bags please use the link
The Filtration Mesh
- Each mesh variation is defined by its Micron (µm) opening size.
- This is an indication of the open area of the mesh and is measured micrometres or µm.
- The 25µm, 38µm, 70µm & 90µm Filtration meshes have been woven into a plain Dutch weave.
- The remaining 120µm, 160µm, 190µm & 250µm mesh variations have been woven into a plain weave pattern and have been secured in place using heat.
- The mesh is woven using a nylon 6,6 23µm diameter thread.
- Each mesh is 30cm in diameter and has been secured to the base of the bags with two double lines of stitching.
The Side Walls
- The sidewalls are a 115 GSM, 100% polyester.
- Woven into a Poly Oxford pattern.
- Polyurethane coating on both sides of the sidewalls.
- Each rim of the bags (top and bottom) has been reinforced with a line of web tape.
- Each bag is conical in shape.
- The volume of each bag is 40ℓ.
- There is a 30cm diameter mesh base that tapers up to 40cm open rim.
- Lower 4 micron bags (25u, 38u, 70u, 90u) have an 80mm mesh extension up their side walls which has doubled the filtration area on each of these bags and has dropped the filtration rate down dramatically while still keeping costs down.
- Each bag in the set is colour coded with the specific micron (µm) size of the bags’ screen.
- Each bag has two handles.
- Each micron screen variation has a porosity value greater than 30%.
- Micron opening Sizes (MOS) are secured through weave patterns and,
- Mesh weave is heat sealed to further ensure MOS is secured.
- Large mesh surface area.
- 2 lines of double reinforced stitching secures mesh to the side wall.
- Temperature. PH and ethanol resistant filtration mesh and side wall fabric.
- Side wall fabric coated in PU.
- Handmade and locally produced in South Africa with materials sourced from internationally recognised leaders in the mining and chemical filtration industry.
- The filtration mesh is sourced from Switzerland from the global leader in mining and chemical filtration mesh manufacture.
- The design and manufacture of each filtration bag has been graded to international standards for mining filtration applications.
- Increased rate of filtration due to 30%+ porosity value on each filtration mesh.
- Filtration mesh surface area over is 700 square centre meters (cm²) or 30cm diameter.
- Secured weave pattern limits morphing potential of Micron Open Size (MOS) of each mesh under the pressure/weight of filtration.
- Mesh weave is heat sealed to ensure specific Micron Opening Size (MOS) is maintained over repeated use.
- Increased filtration area on lower 4 Micron bags.
- PU coating ensures water and oil proof finish on both sides of the filtration bags side wall fabric.
- PVC and laminate free.
- Light and durable sidewall fabric.
- Easily secured over the rim of a 20ℓ or 25ℓ bucket due to 40 cm diameter rim.
- Easy access to particulate collected in the filtration mesh.
- Handles for easy manoeuvring of the filtration bags during the filtration process.
- Quality assurance specification from factory through owner to customer.
There are no reviews yet.